Learning Of Experimential Therapy
Some recuperating addicts feel uncomfortable working through their issues in a conventional therapy setting. Experimential therapy takes fixation treatment into the workmanship studio, the outside and that's only the tip of the iceberg.
It focuses on dealing the addicts trauma through entertaining exercises.
Other recuperating users could feel uneasy speaking to counsellors in a customary therapy environment. In experimential therapy, the patient is instead taken to a place in which they may feel more comfortable.
Experimential therapy utilizes non traditional treatment settings to help addicts work through stifled sentiments and feelings.
Usual exploratory treatments involve
- Ropes courses
- Therapy through music
- Wilderness therapy
- Game therapy
- Adventure therapy
The purpose of this therapy is to encourage patients to deal with emotions that may have been buried by helping them to develop a stronger connection with their inner selves. A drug user on the mend can learn how to deal with these issues without resorting to drug use with the help of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Addicts can overcome stress in the real world by engaging in activities such as hiking and rock climbing. The recovering addicts we get an opportunity to learn to cope with everyday stressors such as cravings and substance abuse triggers with the help of experimential therapy.
Experimential therapy has been proven as an effective method in treating a number of disorders that can co-occur with addiction. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Techniques And Treatment Used In Experimential Therapy
Each patient will have their own needs when it comes to experimential therapy and during the sessions, they will be guided by the therapists through various exercises.
The recovering addicts will be able to let their guard down during experimential therapy, which will allow for an accurate evaluation with the patient for the therapists also to deal with the mental healing for addicts.
Experimential therapy can help to treat mental health problems such as
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder [OCD].
- Eating issues
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
Experimential Therapy Used With Other Treatments
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. These exercises let recuperating users use the life skills they have learnt throughout therapy meetings in actual, direct settings.
Withdrawal symptoms from many drugs can be uncomfortable and also dangerous, therefore, it is essential to begin any treatment program with a medical detox. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Many treatments could be applied together with exploratory treatment to cure the user in recuperation appropriately following this.
To ensure recovering addicts have a treatment program that is balanced, experimential therapy is normally applied together with conventional treatment methods.
Regular Strategies Utilised In Experimential Therapy Include
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine-helped psychotherapy (EAP) incorporates the utilization of steeds amid remedial recuperation works out.
- Users would feed, hitch up, walk, and comb the horses during the period; however, they would not ride these horses.
- A patient's emotional and mental condition can be revealed depending on how they interact with the horses.
- EAP could aid recuperating users deal with unpleasant emotions or agonies they may not realise in any other way.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- EMDR is a treatment where in the users envision an agonising circumstance whilst a counsellor guides them by particular movements of the eye.
- With the help of EMDR, many patients have successfully dealt with negative feelings that usually lead to substance abuse.
- Adventure Therapy
- Outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, biking, white-water rafting and rock climbing are part of this therapy.
- Providing addicts an opportunity to develop personal responsibility, communication skills and the skills to solve problems while working within a group setting is the objective of adventure therapy and addicts receives the help that is required to achieve the ends.
- Art Therapy
- Art therapy provides recovering addicts an opportunity to express themselves with the use of art or music.
- Recovering users can process negative emotions and other sources of stress in a healthier way by creating art.
Get The Full Treatment You Need
Call us to secure you a dependency rehabilitation scheme if you are experiencing issues with drug addiction. Climbing and artwork are part of the programs in some rehab clinics that used experimential therapy. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 772 3971.