Finding Addiction Therapy
There are many options of treatment available which allow you to comprehend what generated your addiction and how to develop a recuperation program to keep sober. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. When a user accepts they can't manage their addiction by themselves then it is time for them to seek help from a professional counsellor.
You need help locating a suitable treatment program for drug or alcohol addiction; 0800 772 3971 contact professional addiction counsellor for assistance today without fail.
Counsellors are an essential part of addiction treatment and their function and involvement in the therapy procedure is partly responsible to recovery.
A counsellor establishes a therapeutic alliance with the patient to help him achieve the ultimate goal of sobriety. To aid your wellness and soberness, you are allowed to choose from the many obtainable treatment options that will serve you.
Functions Of A Counsellor
You need assistance of professional addiction counsellor to identify the cause of your inclination to drug or alcohol addiction, become aware of stimulants and manage to stay sober over long periods of time to overcome addiction.
Both inpatient and outpatient treatment programs depend on great addiction counselling, these take place in large groups or singularly.
The counsellor will engage your loved ones or other addicts in the recovery plan by discussing with all of you as a group.
Group therapy can cause dialogues about family dynamics and how undesirable relationships can develop or feed into habit-forming manners. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
- Provide patients who are under medical care with moral aid to facilitate their recovery.
- Conducting personal sessions to educate the patient on how the addiction happened and what to do to recover.
- Conduct impromptu drug tests.
- Specialised treatment plans formed from individual needs.
- Depending on the viable treatment scheme, check-up plans are produced for patients.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Qualities Of A Model Addiction Counsellor
An addiction counsellor is prepared to create a particular program for every patient. Advisers must exercise some form of sentiments and should be keen to hear from his/her patient.
Having trust in each other is an important ingredient that will lead to the success of the program, and that is the objective of first discussion with the counsellor.
The atmosphere becomes more conducive for the patient to open up once the adviser is being sentimental and emotional; in fact, most of these advisers were once addicts. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. Getting to the root of the problem is very important to the success of the program.
If there are psychological issues, he should be able to identify it and find a solution to it. Effective counsellors give full commitment and support for the recovery of the patient.
Various Therapy Treatments Obtainable
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Nature of facility determining type of treatment include
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- The muscle state, heartbeat and blood pressure are examined with technology used by the addiction counsellor on patients.
- Being able to have a level of control over brain activities allows the patient to have a level of control to influence of the physical impacts.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- This leverages the connection between what we think and what we do, making CBT a very potent weapon in overcoming dependence on a drug and social anxiety disorder.
- The therapist will be of use in assisting and addict to discover the root of their addiction to alcohol and drugs and find benevolent actions as a replacement for the triggers by using CBT.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In rehabilitation centres, DBT is utilized to determine the psychosocial factors of the addiction and empower the patient to deal with stresses such as peer pressure.
- Boosting self-esteem, the patient's improved self-image also enhances communication and relationships around him/her.
- Meditation, Hypnotherapy, Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These therapeutic approaches focus on conscious and subconscious manipulation and change often involving relaxation mastery.
- Keeping the patient calm to know the exact root of the addiction problem is the main purpose of this treatment method.
- Holistic Therapies
- This treatment technique is designed to assist addicts to learn how to successfully manage their addiction apart from other techniques that are geared towards helping them.
- Holistic approach to addiction therapy program encourages patients to share intimate fears and concerns in a friendly and warm communication environment during counselling with peers and counsellor.
- Other forms of therapy used in treatment centres are yoga, art and animal therapy.
To help the patient regain total wellness, several other treatment measure are supplied by the clinical abuse intervention agencies so as to handle the entire situation.
Is Addiction Counselling Necessary For Me
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
Your recovery might be incomplete if you fail to absence completely from the major substance causing the addiction, even after spending time talking about the obvious persistence sting and distresses, to your therapist.