FAQs Regarding Addiction Rehabilitation
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Here are answers to some questions you might have about the whole process.
Your struggle to completely recover from alcohol addiction is made less difficult when you have more information about addiction - including the cost of each programme, how long it will take, and the possible outcome of the programme.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
For people struggling with addiction, rehabs treatment programs are designed to help. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Takes Place In Addiction Rehabilitation?
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detox Any successful recovery programme must start with detoxing the blood of drugs. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Detoxing varies greatly depending on the type of drug and frequency it was used, but many withdrawal symptoms can be unpleasant and possibly dangerous. Legitimate treatment in a medicinally regulated detox program can ease the inconvenience and dangers related with the detox procedure.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Follow Up Care As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
There isn't a set timeframe that applies to everybody with regards to restoration. Several rehabilitation facilities provide a 30-day programme. But, it is a known fact that others require 60, 90 or even more days of continuous therapy as inpatients for more consistent and lasting results that aims towards a steady recovery journey. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. With extended programs, there is enough time to train on sober living behaviours, and also the chance to concentrate on the core causes and actions building up to the addiction.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
No, addiction is not curable, but it can be managed successfully. No matter how long treatment is, addiction recovery is not completed at the end of the rehabilitation program. Substance abuse recovery is a process that goes on as long as the victim is alive. Management of addiction knows how to live a full life while avoiding the substance and it takes determination and a lot of hard work.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. How to handle the daily challenges of defeating drug addiction and the best way to relate with people and the situations that trigger or deepen the desire to use drugs in the first place are also taught in the rehabs.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Those who take part in after-care programmes are more likely to succeed and avoid relapsing, studies have indicated.
What Happens When One Relapses
Sobriety is a lifelong journey so relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but rather an obstacle that needs to be overcome. It gives a chance to reassess one's way and get once again into a program that offers the support and help expected to look after moderation.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
An inpatient centre tends to ask more money than an outpatient treatment programme since it offers patients accommodation, meals, therapy, as well as activities. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities offered - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of the programme - The length of stay is what primarily affects the cost of the program. When you come in for your intake session, a counsellor will talk about the recommended length of time for you to have your best chance at long term sobriety.
- Location - Offices in sumptuous environment can cost more than customary treatment focuses. The commute to the centre can also be included into the cost, particularly when the centre is located far from your home.
- Type of program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. Dependency can be expensive because of
- Paying for the drugs themselves
- Being less productive at work
- Legal fines and fees
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Dependency will "cost" an individual in other manners as well, differing from the weakening of relationships to a state of unhappiness and bad health in general.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Insurance might only cover a part of your stay, so make sure you check with your insurance company before you enrol.
When your insurance plan doesn't pay for the cost of rehabilitation, you can explore other payment methods with the centre you have selected. The program may offer sliding scale instalment alternatives or financing arrangements to make the cost more reasonable.
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Get Addiction Treatment Locally Or Away?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
Because it is a completely different environment, patients can focus fully on their recovery without worrying about outside temptations from friends and family.
When you select an outpatient treatment, you may want to go for a centre that is closer to your home so that you do not have to commute far every day. When you have family responsibilities, a rehabilitation centre that's close can reduce stress as you find a balance between your home obligations and your recovery treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Should I Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
An inpatient centre is a rehabilitation centre that provides round-the-clock care from the personnel. Inpatient programs that are hospital based will have medical professionals present around the clock but most residential centres will only have a healthcare professional come in when one is needed. The two types of facilities offer residential services.
Inpatient treatment is the most involved kind of treatment, empowering a patient to concentrate completely on his/her addiction and recovery with round-the-clock care. Most of the patients have a better chance of overcoming addiction because they are quarantined from the stress of their normal day to day activities.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This set-up allows an individual to continue largely freely with his/her work, home or school life whilst receiving treatment. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. For non-residents, outpatient programmes are usually less expensive than inpatient, and also considering fewer amenities and staff are needed. Patients leave to go home, so they facilities don't need to provide around the clock care. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Contact us right away at 0800 772 3971 to chat about your options and learn more about what sets these two addiction treatment forms apart. Let one of our rehabilitation placement representatives respond to whichever enquiries you might have in order to assist you to select what kind of addiction rehabilitation centre makes the most sense for you and your requirements.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
You might be worried that you will lose your job if you go to rehab, but you might be more likely to lose your job if you continue on with your addiction and don't get help. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programs Most employers offer an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) where the employee is provided free, confidential evaluations, some initial counselling and recommendations to rehab facilities.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Substance addiction is in this category, and so it is important to find out how your employer interprets the Act.
- Leave With Pay Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehabs If you have substantial work requests and need to keep up a dynamic contribution at your place of business, executive recovery facilities may encourage keeping up a nearness or continuous association at work while experiencing private treatment in a lavish, 24-hour care site.
- Outpatient Treatment The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. If your are suffering from a severe addiction or a relapse, a centre that can provide 24 hour care is still the best chance at getting and staying sober.
Methods of treating addiction as a staff are numerous, and they will definitely make your life, your job, and your health better.
What About Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
We are always here to take care of all your inquiries and clear your confusions when you feel overwhelmed in your search for the appropriate addiction rehab programme for you. In case you aren't sure what sort of treatment program is ideal for you or a friend or family member and might want to examine recovery and recuperation alternatives support, call us at 0800 772 3971 to talk with a recovery solution agent.