NHS Or Private Rehab?
Most people prefer private residential rehab treatment for individual privacy and confidentiality. In the most cases, getting into centre can be organised within twenty four hours. If your pocket allows it or if you are covered with private health insurance, you'll be able to get into private rehabilitation facility. Getting an NHS admission to a private rehab clinics can also be possible.
What Are Prerequisites For Applying For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You might be required to prove that you have sought local community-based rehab alternatives before to be able to apply for NHS funding at a residential rehab facility. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
For referral you should go to your GP so he can instruct you to the alcohol and drug action team which are nearest to you.
Advantages And Disadvantages
- Flexible rehab schedule;
- Admission Criteria in just 24 hours
- All treatment on one side cohesion of care and daily routine;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients will usually have the same therapist/staff caring for them.
- So that patients can focus on recovery we will take place in a safe environment away from temptations and worries.
- The helpful group gives solid bonds advisors and different patients that guide recovery;
- Also we offer call, letter, accommodation and other facilities including visiting families and friends;
- Art, gym health and fitness exercise activities are included in the treatment program;
- Aftercare programme;
- More expensive than rehab on the NHS.
- Not included in health insurance cover.
- Free of charge;
- Accessible to everyone;
- Near to family and home, placed in the local community;
- Lengthy admissions process;
- Has no referral guarantee to residential rehab;
- For different treatment program, patients may be asked or visit to go to different centres or clinics,
- Recovery may be affected by access to drug and alcohol and by life distraction.
- Limited access to personal therapists during treatment program;
- During and throughout the treatment, patients may not have the same therapist / staff caring for them.
- Building vibrant outpatient network is difficult but not impossible to achieve;
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
Organising admission to a private rehabilitation facility may take months and results are far from certain if you do it through the UK NHS of local addiction services. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Drug Rehab Worcestershire site.