The Understanding Of Fentanyl
Fentanyl is an opioid pain reliever (OPR), a synthetic pharmaceutical drug, stronger than morphine more than 50 to 100 times. To relieve severe pain, such as during cancer treatment or after surgery Fentanyl is used which is a powerful pain reliever. The patients who have already built a tolerance to other pain medications are prescribed Fentanyl that is an extremely potent opioid. It is a good candidate for abuse because of its powerful effect. After one becomes tolerant to Fentanyl, they will subsequently need higher amounts to feel normal.
Begin beating your addiction today 0800 772 3971.
Many forms can be taken by the Fentanyl to fulfill patient's needs.
Some popular brand names and preparations are
- Actiq - The form of Fentanyl which is available as lozenge placed on a plastic stick taken under tongue just as is the case for a lollipop.
- Mainly applied to patients who are on other pain killers and at times in military applications.
- Duragesic - In the 1990s, this Fentanyl patch was introduced.
- It is usually prescribed for the management of moderate to severe pain and its effects could be experienced for about 3 days.
- Sublimaze - Is the injectable form of Fentanyl and is normally administered in hospitals, sometimes alongside anaesthetics.
- Before and after surgeries, it can be used to manage pain.
- Subsys - These are used under the tongue to combat and kill pain immediately.
- To grant relief to victims of excessive pain while treating cancer is the main objective of using this drug.
- Abstral - Also employed in patients who are tolerant to opioids but with breakthrough cancer pain, it is the fast dissolving form of Fentanyl that is put under the tongue to effect immediate relief of pain.
- Lazanda - Lazanda comes in the form of a nasal spray and is administered in the same way as a common nasal decongestant spray.
- It is regularly used to manage pain in cancer patients.
Fentanyl sets into action by blocking pain receptors located in the brain besides building up on the production of dopamine, the hormone that makes us happy. China white, China girl, T&T, crush and dance fever are the street names for Fentanyl.
Seek help now if you or your loved one is abusing Fentanyl.
Symptoms Of Fentanyl Abuse
This drug has a high chance of being abused in any of its forms just as other high classed drugs are.
The possibility of using the drug excessively can cause the possible outbreak of health issues as a result of using this drug recklessly.
An intense euphoria and sense of relaxation similar to a heroin "high" are experienced by those ingesting Fentanyl at unprescribed levels.
Fentanyl abuse shows symptoms such as
- Reduced breathing rate
- Blurred vision
- Nausea and sickness
To those without a tolerance to opioids, Fentanyl abuse is dangerous. Those who respond negatively to pain relievers may increase their chances of using the drug recklessly.
Fentanyl abuse can cause depression and even result in failure of the respiratory system, ending up with a possible fatal overdose.
The destructive power of Fentanyl is increased when it is combined with other addictive substances such as cocaine and heroin. Fentanyl is a volatile and potentially lethal drug whether taken as prescribed or abused recreationally.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 772 3971
Fentanyl Addiction Indications
Fentanyl causes excess amounts of dopamine to flood and chemically alter the brain over time when it impacts the central nervous system to a significant degree. Someone prescribed Fentanyl might become addictive to the drug due to these neurochemical changes and turn to illicit ways of getting it after exhausting their prescribed amount.
Abuse to full-blown addiction grows rapidly with OPRs like Fentanyl.
People may deliberately or unknowingly become addicted to this drug due to the erroneous belief that it cannot be abused like other addictive substances like heroin and co. Problematic behaviour like building a habit or suffering withdrawal symptoms is completely understood by the healthcare professionals therefore they are able to quickly and efficiently able to make diagnostics.
You can recognize an addiction to Fentanyl by learning more about them.
Treatment For A Fentanyl Addiction
Even though it is not really life-threatening when stopping the use this drug by going cold turkey, it is not the best decision. With those living with a Fentanyl addiction have likely developed a physical dependence on the substance and therefore when taking these people off of the drugs it can be a painful process. To help those addicted quit Fentanyl, specialized treatment centres offer inpatient and outpatient resources.
Fentanyl withdrawal might vary in the nature of its severity based on the levels of use as well as the preferred form of the drug, this ranges from intense chills, sweating and restlessness.
There is still the possibility of suffering a relapse on the way to recovery regardless of the fact, quitting the drug does come with horrible withdrawal symptoms like other drugs. During detoxification, professional medical supervision can reduce the odds of relapse.
Call Now And Regain Control
It is challenging to overcome a Fentanyl addiction, but regardless of this, you can defeat this. Support groups are spread across the country to help people in defeat their addictions. Begin breaking your addiction today.